I apologize for the lack of posts over the last month. I know, I know! “You don’t owe us anything” and, in truth, views since returning were never that high anyway. Still, when life carries you in one direction, sometimes things like hobbies get tabled, but that does not mean your intent goes away. I have felt bad about not posting (and, by extension, not writing), so it is time to get back to it!
Let’s start with a personal update:
- We moved! Diane and I went from a third floor apartment to … a third floor apartment. It was two days of heavy climbing (~125 floors each day according to my Garmin).
- The new place is really swank and a huge upgrade. When we first moved in solo together a couple years ago, neither of us were particularly well-paid. After a new job for her and four promotions/laterals for myself, we are in a much better position for something nicer.
- I finally have a wall-mounted television! It was an adventure getting it up, but I really love my living room setup now.
- I have been playing Final Fantasy XIV again. More on that another time.
- We haven’t gotten back into the movie reviews just yet, but I have one I need to post for a film we both loved.
- Our D&D group should be starting up again soon. I am happy to talk about my new character, a Kobold Detective!
- I went on a small buying spree and now have better equipment for streaming. No promises, but I would like to do some casually “just because.” My current dream is a weekly/biweekly ~hour of talking to friends while we/I play a MMORPG in the background called “MMOs are Boring”. Not seriously but that’s my default online activity these days so more likely than not!
That is all for now. I hope you look forward to more regular posts again. Thank you all for sticking around!